TRS2 non-contact broken tool detection
The new TRS2 is a cost-effective broken tool detection system. Its ToolWise™ electronics have been enhanced to make detection of small, dark tools more reliable, saving time and money.
The unique tool recognition electronics determine whether a tool is present by analysing the reflective light pattern from the rotating tool. Random light patterns created by coolant and swarf are ignored, eliminating the chance of failing to detect a broken tool due to coolant obscuring the beam.
TRS2 features and benefits
- Cost effective and reliable
- Ultra quick detection - tool spends about 1 second in the laser beam
- Simple installation - only one small unit to install
- Simple set-up using specifically written software for TRS2
- Wide range of tools can be detected
Improvements over TRS2
- Improved tool detection reliability
- Reduced cycle time
- Works at a greater range of spindle speeds