SPA2-2 Servo Power Amplifier
- For each amplifier channel, there are individual software controls for all the tuning parameters including offset, gain, integral and proportional settings.
- Motor and tacho polarities can be inverted by software.
- Power supply can be set to provide a voltage output from 12 V to 60 V.
- Maximum total output power is 600 W.
- Each channel can deliver 10 A peak or 5 A continuous.
- As well as the servo power amplifiers, SPA2-2 contains all the relays to control the motor engaging process. It also contains all the necessary hardware to implement a category '2' emergency stop system.
There are various kits available depending on the application. Please contact your local Renishaw supplier for information about other kit options.
|SPA2-2 kit 3-axis dc||3-axis kit including cables|
3-axis configuration suitable for conventional CMMs fitted with brushed dc motors.
It can accommodate both tacho and tacholess velocity feedback systems and, with the addition of an encoder interface card, it can also accommodate encoder velocity feedback.
An additional card can be fitted to extend these units to a 4-axis system
|SPA2-2 6-axis dc kit||Configuration suitable for installations requiring between five or six amplifiers.||Like the 3-axis version, these can accommodate both tacho and tacholess velocity feedback systems and, with the addition of encoder interface cards, can also accommodate encoder velocity feedback. An additional axis card can be fitted to extend this unit to a 7-axis system.|
|SPA2-2 3-axis + REVO kit||Configured to support a REVO 5-axis scanning head, with 3 axes available for CMM control.||Can be increased to four CMM axes with the use of an additional card.|
|SPA2-2 4th axis interface card||Plug-in board which can be fitted to provide an additional axis for the 3-axis, 6-axis or 3-axis + REVO kits|
The motor connector on this card is a type that will support a brushless or linear motor and is not the same as the standard brushed motor connector.
To avoid supply problems a mating plug and backshell is included as part of the kit.
|Scale / encoder kit||4 off 15 W HDD plugs and backshells to support the connection of either the UCC axis scale inputs or the SPA motor encoder inputs.||For connectors to support a UCC2-2 / SPA2-2 system on a CMM fitted with encoder velocity feedback, then two of these kits will be required.|
|SPA2-2 connector kit|
3 off 7W2 type plugs for the motor / tacho connections.
1 off 9W D type socket for the emergency stop.
Appropriate backshells for each motor connector.
|Connectors and backshells to support the connection of the axis motors and the machine emergency stop system|
Installation guide: SPA2-2
SPA2-2 servo power amplifier installation guide